INTENSIVE SUPPORT WORKER
Positions available are:
Temporary full time 37 hours per week and Permanent part time 18½ hours per week working over a varying shift pattern
Full time salary £19,010.29 (pro rata for part time)
Do you want to work with people who are homeless and have complex needs in a team that’s committed to working with men or women in a person centred and restorative way? If so, why not apply to Beacon Leeds for the exciting opportunity to join the staff team.
Beacon Leeds provides Intensive Supported Housing in three communal environments (hostels) Grace Lodge (male clients), Francis House (female clients) and Oakdale House (male client), along with a variety of single and shared community accommodation throughout the city. We work with and support clients to maximise their potential by helping them enhance and develop skills that will ultimately help them maintain their own independent tenancies and undertake meaningful occupation such as employment, education and training or volunteering. The role can be challenging at times however the rewards of supporting people to achieve their goals outweigh this time after time.
We are looking for the following essential skill set in our Intensive Support Workers:
- The ability to work a rota that includes working shifts between the hours of 7am and 9pm on week days, week-ends and bank holidays. (Enhancements are paid for working weekends and bank holidays).
- A positive, flexible attitude towards work.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working with hard to reach and complex needs clients.
- A basic knowledge of Supported Housing and the needs of homeless people.
- An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding people from abuse and helping them develop strategies to keep their selves safe from risk and harm.
- Be self-motivated and confident and have the ability to build positive relationships quickly.
An application pack can be downloaded by clicking the links below, alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 276 0616.
Turning Lives Around (TLA) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, young people and adults. TLA will take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and protect children, young people and adults from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Any appointment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for completed application forms is: 12noon on Friday 14 December 2018